I am licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Oregon and Washington. I live in Sherwood, Oregon and typically offer services within a 30 mile radius. Oregon clients tend to reside in Portland and the surrounding areas (Tigard, Beaverton, Sherwood, Hillsboro, North Plains), west to Gaston, east to Troutdale, south to Wilsonville and Brooks, southeast to Beavercreek, Damascus, Estacada. In Washington I travel to Long View, Graham, and Seattle.
I offer non-dental, non-surgical holistic care.
- Annual exams (all ages, horses, goats, dogs, cats)
- Preventative care
- Consultations: diet evaluation and nutrition, vaccinations, cancer, lab work and care options
- Senior and end-of-life care
- Compassionate in-home euthanasia
In close cooperation with you, I can help assure that your pet is cared for in a competent, responsible and heart-wise manner. Sometimes astounding improvements may be achieved from simple interventions. And sometimes palliative (non-curative care) may be the best option. While I seek the least invasive methods to promote healing, if your animal needs surgery, for example to repair an orthopedic problem or remove a mass, then at that particular moment, surgery would be the least invasive, most healing option, and I will make an appropriate referral.
Exams are comprehensive and multi-focal to:
- Review your pet’s history (medical, surgical, and especially nutritional, environmental)
- Do thorough physical exams, which may include a Chinese medicine evaluation.
- Discuss a therapeutic plan with you.
- Recommend further diagnostic work (e.g., lab work, radiographs, ultrasound, surgery, etc.) or referral to a specialist if doing so could enhance the information needed to care for your animal at home or would be essential for their healing.
- Work with veterinary specialists to provide follow-up care for you at home.
- Discuss palliative care, at-home end-of-life care, or euthanasia and after care if appropriate.
I offer the following treatment modalities:
- Botanical medicine
- Western and Eastern herbal therapy, flower essences, gemmotherapy
- Glandular therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Blood draws and urine collections (e.g., for CBC’s, chemistry panels, thyroid testing, vaccination titers, Coggins tests, etc.)
- Individualized vaccine protocols. See link on vaccines.
Throughout your interactions, I will listen to you, provide you with sound information, and invite and answer your questions so that you feel empowered to make compassionate and responsible decisions about your pet’s health and care.